This position is open to County Employees and the General Public.
POSITION NO: 032
STARTING SALARY: $36,622 - $42,887
DEPARTMENT: PROSECUTING ATTORNEY (2100)
This position is designated as a safety sensitive position pursuant to Arkansas Act 593.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY/FUNCTION: Assists in the preparation of criminal cases by gathering pertinent information on cases referred to the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office, and provides security for all offices, courtrooms, and staff members of the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Locates and interviews witnesses, victims and other persons who may provide pertinent case information; follows up on leads to gather additional information.
- Conducts taped and/or written interviews to be transcribed and forwarded to appropriate case attorney.
- Serves and stops subpoenas; maintains files of subpoenas served and stopped.
- Testifies in court about information obtained during investigation and subpoena service.
- Provides security for the Prosecuting Attorney’s building and staff; arrests suspects when necessary.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Gathers physical evidence necessary for case preparation, such as medical records, police reports, photographs; may fingerprint suspects and conduct surveillance.
- Composes letters of inquiry to individuals and agencies in connection with cases under investigation.
- Transports witnesses and/or victims to court or other locations as it relates to the case.
- Maintains a working relationship with other law enforcement agencies and contacts in the private sector to obtain divulged information.
- Performs other related duties as required.
NUMBER OF PERSONNEL SUPERVISED: 0
Work performed primarily in a smoking restricted office environment with local frequent traveling to various high crime areas.
Completion of college level course work in Criminal Justice, Law or a related field; some experience in criminal investigations; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Arkansas driver’s license.
Must be able to obtain ACIC/NCIC certification.
Employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of the following pre-employment requirements: criminal background examination (must have no previous felony convictions), drug screening, and psychological evaluation by appropriate licensed agencies.
OPEN DATE: 07-12-2019 CLOSE DATE: 07-18-2019 (5:00 p.m.)
Please Note: Applications will not be accepted after the Close Date. A selection will not be made until the Close Date and all applications have been received by the selecting official.
12 July 2019 286-19