POSITION: FINANCIAL MANAGER
This position is open to County Employees and the General Public.
POSITION NO: 201
STARTING SALARY: $65,395 - $73,673
DEPARTMENT: SHERIFF / ENFORCEMENT (500)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY/FUNCTION: Responsible for managing the budget preparation process and maintenance of budget accounts for the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department; monitors and analyzes the financial activities of the department to ensure budgetary control and cost effective operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages all Sheriff’s Department budget accounts to ensure sufficient funding, appropriate budget management, and cost effective operations.
- Facilitates the preparation of the Sheriff Department budget; makes recommendations to the Chief Deputy and Sheriff regarding proposed budgets based on past usage and estimated departmental needs.
- Monitors departmental performance against budget and makes recommendations to the Chief Deputy for corrective action where appropriate.
- Coordinates with the Comptroller’s Office to ensure appropriate monitoring of department budgets.
- Develops complex financial reports for forecasting, trending, and result analysis of spending patterns within the department budget accounts.
- Analyzes financial situations and needs for the Sheriff’s Department to assist administration with making appropriate purchase, lease, contract, and line item appropriation decisions.
- Manages budget accounts, grants, leases, and contracts for the Sheriff’s Department ensuring funds are expended according to appropriation ordinance, statutes, and regulations.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports for submission to department administration.
- Collaborates with administration to plan major purchases for the Sheriff’s Department.
- Oversees the research and writing of grants for the Sheriff’s Department; works with the administration in the execution of funding strategies.
- Consults with appropriate department personnel to outline how budgetary and grant funds are to be used, and explains procedures necessary to obtain funding.
- Monitors budget account balances to ensure requested purchases and expenditures will not exceed fund availability; communicates any problems to the Chief Deputy and Sheriff and assists with resolutions.
- Ensures compliance with all local, state, and federal financial reporting and audit requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
NUMBER OF PERSONNEL SUPERVISED: Directly supervises one Budget Grants Administrator.
Work is performed in a smoking restricted office environment.
Completion of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Financial Management, Business Administration, or a related field; considerable experience in Finance or Accounting Administration, including considerable supervisory experience, or related area; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of the following requirements: criminal background examination, drug screening, traffic offense check, sexual offender check, and child and adult maltreatment checks.
OPEN DATE: 07-10-2019 CLOSE DATE: 07-16-2019 (5:00 p.m.)
Please Note: Applications will not be accepted after the Close Date. A selection will not be made until the Close Date and all applications have been received by the selecting official.
10 July 2019 285-19