POSITION: PROGRAM DIRECTOR
The following positions are open to Pulaski County Employees and the General Public.
POSITION NO: 001
ANNUAL SALARY: $29,380 - $34,406
DEPARTMENT: YOUTH SERVICES (4084)
THE POSITIONS AVAILABILITY CONTINGENT UPON GRANT FUNDING
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY / FUNCTION: Responsible for implementing the after school programming for youth ages 6-17 years.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversees program activities; supervise and assist Site Coordinators at program site.
- Provide youth with support and guidance through life skills programs.
- Provide educational programs focused on improving youth’s overall academic achievement.
- Assist youth with homework and enhance academic performance.
- Maintain accurate records of timesheets for site coordinators.
- Review youth’s files to ensure that all appropriate documents are on file.
- Submit monthly reports (narrative of monthly activities of youth programs, daily activities, and enrollment and termination forms) to Program Development Manager.
- Assist as needed in providing snacks and mini meals for youth.
- Ensure site is maintained in a condition that is safe, clean, and conducive to learning.
- Serve as a mentor by providing a positive and professional example.
- Provide transportation of youth to activities as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Work is performed primarily in a smoking restricted environment with frequent visits to outside agencies and at departmental activities and functions. Weekend and evening work may be required.
Completion of a bachelor’s degree in Education, Communication, or a related field; considerable experience working with youth; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Must possess or be able to immediately obtain a valid Arkansas Driver’s License.
Employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of the following pre-employment requirements: criminal background check, child maltreatment check, and an adult maltreatment check.
OPEN DATE: 07-10-2019 CLOSE DATE 07-16-2019(5:00 p.m.)
Please Note: Applications will not be accepted after the Close Date. A selection will not be made until the Close Date and all applications have been received by the selecting official.