POSITION: EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
This position is open to County Employees and the General Public
POSITION NO: 002
STARTING SALARY: $30,697 - $35,948
DEPARTMENT: SHERIFF/ENFORCEMENT (500)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY/FUNCTION: Responsible for providing secretarial and clerical support for the Sheriff, Chief Deputy and other senior officers within the Sheriff’s department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer and screen telephone calls for the Sheriff, Chief Deputy and Majors. Handle phone requests from departmental personnel and refer problems to the appropriate personnel.
- Schedule appointments for the Sheriff, Chief Deputy and Majors. Coordinate meetings, prepare material for meetings, and contact all meeting participants.
- Open, organize, and distribute incoming mail, handle correspondence of a routine nature, and ensure that the Sheriff reviews important items.
- Compose and type routine correspondence, memos, and reports. Type and process all departmental confidential correspondence and reports.
- Set up and maintain general and confidential files for the Sheriff, Chief Deputy, and Majors.
- Act as primary interface between the Sheriff and public. Answer general information requests and collect details of citizen and departmental complaints.
- Perform criminal checks required for the issuance of deputy identification cards.
- Perform special projects as requested.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in a smoking restricted office environment.
Completion of high school or GED equivalency; considerable secretarial or clerical administrative support experience; OR any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of the following requirements: criminal background check, traffic offense check, sexual offender check, and child and adult maltreatment checks.
OPEN DATE: 07-09-2019 CLOSE DATE: 07-15-2019 (5:00 p.m.)
Please Note: Applications will not be accepted after the Close Date. A selection will not be made until the Close Date and all applications have been received by the selecting official.
09 July 2019 275-19