POSITION: JAIL MAINTENANCE MECHANIC
This position is open to County Employees and the General Public.
POSITION NO: 390
STARTING SALARY: $25,430 - $29,781
DEPARTMENT: SHERIFF/DETENTION (2400)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY/FUNCTION: Responsible for the general maintenance and repair of the building structure of the Pulaski County Detention facility.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Inspects building daily to determine needed repairs of the building structure.
- Makes repairs from work orders generated by supervisor, inmate, Sheriff's department staff, and other maintenance personnel.
- Repairs and/or replaces light, light fixtures, parking lot lights, locks, door knobs, etc.
- Assists in the electrical wiring of outlets moving electrical outlets and re-wiring lighting systems.
- Assists in the inspection of the air conditioning and heating unit; replaces parts or services as directed.
- Assists in the repair and rebuilding of the key locks.
- Welds brackets for inmates' beds, television sets and other objects ensuring objects/furniture in inmates' cells and pods are immobile.
- Drills through concrete floors to repair sewer, gas and water lines; refills holes with concrete and re-tile floors.
- Assists in the repair and installation of plumbing fixtures as directed.
- Repairs structural damage due to shifting jail facility by repairing walls with sheetrock, etc.
- Constructs new wall additions, re-vent ducts for ventilation in new offices, etc.
- Maintains equipment in kitchen areas; replaces and cleans burners.
- Responds to maintenance calls 24 hours a day.
- Performs other related duties as required.
ACCEPTABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of high school or GED equivalency.
- Completion of vocational training in building construction, building maintenance or a related area.
- Considerable experience in the building maintenance area; OR
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Must possess a valid Arkansas Drivers license.
Employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of the following pre-employment requirements: criminal background check, traffic offense check, sexual offender check, child and adult maltreatment check by appropriate licensed agencies.
OPEN DATE: 07-11-2019 CLOSE DATE: 07-17-2019 (5:00 p.m.)
Please Note: Applications will not be accepted after the Close Date. A selection will not be made until the Close Date and all applications have been received by the selecting official.
11 July 2019 266-19