POSITION: BUILDING MAINTENANCE MECHANIC II
This position is open to County employees and the General Public
Position No: 010
Starting Salary: $28,064 - $32,865
DEPARTMENT: GENERAL SERVICES (2300)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTION: Responsible for maintaining proper operation of air conditioning and heating equipment, performing necessary repairs and adjustments for efficient and safe use; repairs, adjusts, and services plumbing, electrical units and engines as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Inspects air conditioning and/or heating units for proper operation; repairs and replaces parts as needed.
- Monitors the operation of boiler units as necessary.
- Repairs electrical and plumbing problems.
- Repairs and changes door locks as required.
- Perform carpentry work as required.
- Make repairs on gasoline engines such as tractors, lawn mowers, and weed-eaters.
- Responds to maintenance calls on a 24 hour basis when needed.
- Replaces ballasts as needed.
- Prepares supply list for ordering belts, filters, batteries, etc.
- Maintains accuracy of the courthouse clock.
- Delegates duties to custodial workers and security guards in supervisor’s absence.
- Assists supervisor in preparation of monthly reports.
- Monitors PH and chlorine in fountain to maintain proper levels.
- Maintains and repairs sprinkler systems.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Duties are performed within assigned County facility. Performs work with or near moving or mechanical parts and electrical parts and wiring. Occasional travel to other County facilities is required.
Completion of high school or GED equivalency including vocational training in building construction or maintenance; considerable experience in building maintenance duties including repair of air conditioning/heating units and/or performing electrical and plumbing duties and minor carpentry; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
Must possess or be able to immediately obtain a valid Arkansas Driver’s license.
Must possess or be able to obtain within 6 months of employment a valid Boiler Operator’s license.
Employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of the following pre-employment requirements: criminal background check, traffic offense check and a job related physical examination by appropriate licensed agencies.
OPEN DATE: 05-15-2019 CLOSE DATE: 05-21-2019 (5:00 P.M.)
Please Note: Applications will not be accepted after the Close Date. A selection will not be made until the Close Date and all applications have been received by the selecting official.
15 May 2019 177-19