POSITION: FINS CASE MANAGER (PART TIME)
HOURLY RATE: $12.94
DEPARTMENT: 10TH DIVISION CIRCUIT COURT
GRANT FUNDED: Continuation is contingent upon refunding.
Duties will be performed in Perry County. Position will work part time up to 20 hours as the FINS Case Manager with Pulaski County and will also work part time up to 20 hours as an Intake Officer with Perry County for a total of 40 hours.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY/FUNCTION: This individual will be utilized to assist with coordination of FINS cases, including truancy cases, pre-adjudicated and post-adjudicated Families in Need of Services. This individual will also coordinate gathering statistical information necessary to adequately evaluate the program objectives and to meet the contract requirements for maintaining accurate and up-to-date records for the functions outlined under the subcontract for services entered into by Pulaski County Juvenile Court with Centers for Youth and Families and their contract with the Department of Youth Services. Those functions include the services of FINS case managers and the County’s subcontract for psychological evaluations. The individual will perform these duties for 8th, 10th, and 11th Division Circuit Courts.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Work 20 hours per week in the performance of FINS case management.
- Interviewing families and juveniles contemplating filing a FINS petition.
- Prepare documentation for case files and for court in monitoring progress being made in solving juvenile problems.
- Attend court hearings and provide information in cases as needed.
- Maintain contact with community agencies in order to refer clients as needed.
- Refer juveniles and/or families for educational/psychological test, review test results and make appropriate referrals for services indicated, both pre-and post-adjudicatory.
- Coordinate referrals for truancy cases and assist families with either pre-court diversion or court intervention as necessary.
- Handle any and all other duties by the Judge.
- Will be required to perform the duties of a part time Intake Officer up to 20 hours a week for Perry County.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Formal Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Criminal Justice, or related field.
- Related Experience: One year of related experience. Knowledge of Juvenile Justice System helpful.
- Must possess a Valid Arkansas Driver's license.
- Will be required to complete 40 hours certification as a Juvenile Officer as required by statute.
- Prefer: License in Social Work.
- RESUME’ REQUIRED
OPEN DATE: 05-08-19 CLOSE DATE: 05-21-19 (5:00 p.m.)
Please Note: Applications will not be accepted after the Close Date. A selection will not be made until the Close Date and all applications have been received by the selecting official.
08 May 2019 170-19