POSITION: NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR
This position is open to County Employees and the General Public.
POSITION NO: 388
STARTING SALARY: $41,889 - $49,055
DEPARTMENT: SHERIFF / DETENTION (2400)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY / FUNCTION: Responsible for the installation, maintenance, and administration of a network computer system and maintenance of security control for email and internet access for Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs, maintains, and supports hardware / software related to network infrastructure.
- Administers email system for the Sheriff’s Department; sets up new user accounts; maintains email accounts ensuring security and removes accounts as authorized.
- Installs, maintains, and supports Internet and firewall security software to control system access and maintain security to Internet and email systems.
- Monitors network performance ensuring effective connectivity and security; performs routine maintenance on network servers; troubleshoots network performance problems.
- Installs, supports, and maintains antivirus programs and other software to ensure system security; diagnose problems and take corrective actions as necessary.
- Monitors and maintains data security relative to internal and external network connections.
- Administers network system upgrades and updates as needed.
- Administers daily system back-ups which include offsite storage, data recovery / restoring, data integrity, and other data protection duties relating to back-up and recovery functions.
- Remains on-call as needed to provide user support.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes network performance and capabilities making recommendations for hardware / software changes to maximize network efficiency.
- Maintains the Sheriff’s Department website; updates web pages as needed.
- Provides user support for network disruptions and other conductivity issues as required.
- Provides user training as to policies and procedures governing network use.
- Communicates with vendors of network maintenance products to obtain assistance with support needs.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Work is performed in various smoking restricted office environments throughout the Sheriff’s Department. Some tasks must be performed within the Detention Facility. May be required to remain on-call as necessary.
Completion of college level or business school coursework in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field; considerable experience with the maintenance, operation, and support of a networked computer system or a related area; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Employment contingent upon satisfactory results of a criminal background investigation, traffic offense check, sexual offender check, and child and adult maltreatment checks.
PREFER: Completion of a college degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
OPEN DATE: 05-14-2019 CLOSE DATE: 05-20-2019 (5:00 p.m.)
Please Note: Applications will not be accepted after the Close Date. A selection will not be made until the Close Date and all applications have been received by the selecting official.
14 May 2019 169-19