This position is open to County Employees and the General Public.
POSITION NO.: 034
STARTING SALARY: $25,430 - $29,781
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTION: Responsible for providing assistance to the public with the filing of various types of instruments related to ownership of and/or liens against real and personal property in Pulaski County and other legal documents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receives documents including deeds, mortgages, UCC Filings, plats, Notary Bonds, Powers of Attorney, lien assignments, extension and modification agreements, and leases from abstract companies, mortgage companies, title companies, banks, attorneys, other agencies, and the general public in person and by mail; reviews documents submitted to ensure all needed information is included.
- Affixes recording information label to recorded instruments which contains an automatically generated instrument number and time and date the document was received and recorded.
- Stamps seal onto original document and returns original to sender.
- Indexes the type of instrument received and inputs index code and other related information into computer.
- Verifies the accuracy of data input into computer concerning recorded documents; makes corrections as appropriate.
- Instructs and assists customers with use of computer indexes, microfiche viewers, and reader/printers; assists with maintenance of equipment such as adding toner and paper and correcting paper jams.
- Receives plats of subdivisions and surveys for filing; ensures all necessary signatures are included and assigns plat number.
- Performs searches for documents and information requested by mail, in person, or by telephone.
- Calculates and prepares invoices for abstract companies, municipalities, attorneys, IRS, and other agencies billed on a monthly basis.
- Receives filing fees from public; enters fee payment information into software and produces receipt; balances cash drawer on a daily basis.
- Ensures public records research area is cleaned at end of each day.
- Prepares correspondence to accompany the return of documents mailed for filing if information or fee amount is incorrect.
- Provides copies of instruments as requested; determines correct fee amount.
- Processes incoming mail.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
NUMBER OF PERSONNEL SUPERVISED: 0
- Digital dexterity necessary for keyboard operation and mouse.
- Visual acuity sufficient for normal office activities, including use of a PC.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally, both in person and by telephone.
- Ability to lift and carry loads up to 25 pounds.
Work is performed in a smoking-restricted office environment and may require occasional handling of old, deteriorating paper.
Completion of high school or equivalency including some training in computer operation; some clerical work experience with legal, real estate, or business record keeping; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
Must be bondable. Satisfactory completion of a criminal background examination.
Please Note: Applications will not be accepted after the Close Date. A selection will not be made until the Close Date and the selecting official has received all applications.
11 January 2019 021-19