POSITION: ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
POSITION NO: 004
STARTING SALARY: $23,397 - $26,697
DEPARTMENT: COMMUNITY SERVICES (4200)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY/FUNCTION: Responsible for providing general clerical support to the staff of Community Services including the answering of telephone calls, preparation of correspondence, and maintenance of the office supply inventory.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Answers incoming departmental telephone calls; provides general information regarding departmental functions and services and directs callers to appropriate staff members.
- Greets departmental visitors; directs to appropriate staff member.
- Transcribes minutes of meetings.
- Answers questions concerning Community Services and Housing issues for public in person and by telephone.
- Distributes housing forms upon request to public.
- Makes copies of information as requested by staff.
- Establishes and maintains filing system of departmental information.
- Compiles data and prepares reports as requested; maintains records of monthly postage use by department.
- Compiles and processes departmental forms.
- Distributes monthly Statement of Operations Report for each department within Community Services; scans and forwards electronically.
- Receives and date stamps incoming mail; distributes to appropriate staff member.
- Composes general information correspondence occasionally upon request.
- Assists the Administrative Assistant as needed.
- Maintains appointment calendar for staff on a daily basis; maintains appointment calendar for the Director as needed.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains a log of incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintains a tracking log of incoming and outgoing documents, including the type of document and processing deadlines.
- Schedules and prepares conference rooms for meetings.
- Prepares general correspondence to be mailed.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies as specified; places order with approval of appropriate staff.
- Assists Housing Department by setting up new client files, verifying legal documents and income forms, and scheduling annual reexamination appointments to verify eligibility.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Work is performed primarily in a smoking-restricted office environment.
Completion of high school or GED equivalency; some clerical work experience; or any other equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
Must possess or be able to immediately obtain a valid Arkansas Driver’s license.
Employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background examination.
OPEN DATE: 01-03-2019 CLOSE DATE: 01-16-2019 (5:00 p.m.)
Please Note: Applications will not be accepted after the Close Date. A selection will not be made until the Close Date and all applications have been received by the selecting official.
03 January 2019 013-19