POSITION: LOCKING DEVICE SPECIALIST
POSITION NO: 015
STARTING SALARY: $33,330 - $39,032
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY/FUNCTION: Responsible for the maintenance and repair of locking devices within the Pulaski County Detention Facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspects locks on a regular basis to ensure proper functioning.
- Maintains records of keys and matching locks.
- Receives list of staff and locks they operate; prepares key rings with appropriate keys for staff members.
- Performs maintenance work on lock systems as required by vendors.
- Determines schedule of lock inspection and maintenance to ensure timely care of all locking systems within the detention facility.
- Prepares locks as needed including key locks, pneumatic locking systems, electronic locking systems and dial combination locks.
- Locates and repairs air hose leaks and damage in ceilings and walls for pneumatic locking systems.
- Maintains log of inspections performed on locks and corrective work performed; completes monthly reports reflecting locks repaired and cost.
- Operates key reproducing equipment to reproduce keys as needed.
- Inspects for and reports any tampering of locking devices.
- Maintains inventory of parts and replacements for locking devices; orders through purchasing as necessary.
- Makes recommendations as to effectiveness and appropriateness of various types of locking devices.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Completion of high school, including additional vocational locksmith training; considerable experience with repair and maintenance of locking devices; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal background investigation, traffic offense check, sexual offender check, and child and adult maltreatment checks.
OPEN DATE: 01-10-19 CLOSE DATE: 01-16-19 (5:00p.m.)
Please Note: Applications will not be accepted after the Close Date. A selection will not be made until the Close Date and all applications have been received by the selecting official.
10 January 2019 007-19