POSITION: ENFORCEMENT CLERK
This position is open to the General Public and County Employees.
POSITION NO: 003
STARTING SALARY: $23,397 - $25,497
DEPARTMENT: SHERIFF / ENFORCEMENT (500)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY/FUNCTION: Responsible for the processing and maintenance of record files for all Accident/Incident Reports and Arrest Dispositions and records for the serving of court orders and receiving and accounting for payments for the serving of process papers and collection of execution.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Accepts process papers from attorneys and the general public and by mail to be served including summons, subpoenas, writs, etc; reviews to ensure all necessary information is included.
- Enters data into in-house computer system and ACIC/NCIC terminals from various incidents reports, accident reports, Arkansas Arrest Deposition Reports, Uniform Crime Reports, etc., and service information; distributes to appropriate agency.
- Distributes process papers based on location to appropriate deputy or agency.
- Obtains identification information concerning individuals to be served in domestic violence, small claims, or mental instability situations from individuals requesting service; completes information sheet.
- Reviews all reports and sends copies to appropriate agencies including Coroner’s Office, Arkansas State Police, insurance agencies, and the general public.
- Codes arrest reports for analysis within the Uniform Crime Report (UCR) statistics.
- Processes and files all incident/accident reports on a timely basis.
- Expunges reports that are sealed by Court Order.
- Provides information to the public such as copies of incident or accident reports, court dates, attorney’s name, type of process paper, and court processes involved; collects payments for copies of reports.
- Processes requests for criminal background checks for the Sheriff’s Department, other law enforcement agencies, and individuals.
- Provides copies of incident/accident reports for subpoenas for deputies and court.
- Prints radio log from CAD system for permanent record.
- Receives and verifies payment for process changes, bonds posted, execution judgments, and miscellaneous billings; enters payments into cash register and inputs time and method of payment into computer.
- Prepares checks to transfer appropriate process fee amounts to general fund account with each execution collection.
- Balances cash register tapes and computer reports by accounts on a daily basis.
- Prepares bank deposit daily.
- Compiles reports showing totals of fees owed by various city, state, and county agencies and attorneys; forwards information to supervisor.
- Prepares daily and monthly reports reflecting processes served for various courts and amounts collected for various fees and charges.
- Type letters or other documents as requested.
- Relays messages to Deputies in field by means of radio or telephone paging system.
- Directs walk-in citizens to office/agency needed.
- Receives tickets; organizes and sends original to Pulaski County District Traffic Court.
- Sorts and distributes departmental mail.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Completion of high school or GED equivalency including computer training;
- Considerable clerical work experience including operation of a computer, record keeping, data entry , or cashier related duties; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Must be able to obtain ACIC/NCIC certification within one year of employment.
- Employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of the following pre-employment requirements: criminal background check, traffic offense check, sexual offender check, child maltreatment check and adult maltreatment check by appropriate licensed agencies.
OPEN DATE: 09-10-2018 CLOSE DATE: 09-14-2018 (5:00 P.M.)
Please Note: Applications will not be accepted after the Close Date. A selection will not be made until the Close Date and all applications have been received by the selecting official.
10 September 2018 265-18