POSITION: USER SUPPORT ANALYST
This position is open to the General Public and to County Employees
POSITION NO: 008
STARTING SALARY: $33,330 - $37,278
DEPARTMENT: INFORMATION SYSTEMS (5100)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY / FUNCTION: Responsible for the installation and maintenance of software and hardware, installation of cable and network support devices, and providing user support.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responds to user requests for assistance with hardware/software malfunctions and installation of new equipment.
- Uses diagnostic equipment to determine equipment or data communication failure.
- Completes component-level repairs to terminals, computers, printers, and other peripheral equipment.
- Installs, monitors, and modifies as required computer operating system software and configuration data to optimize hardware operation.
- Installs new computer equipment and related hardware, assists with user training and operation as needed.
- Completes reports reflecting response to user assistance requests.
- Monitors the operation of current dedicated data circuits and related communications equipment making repairs as needed.
- Receives departmental requests to move existing computer equipment; plans moves to ensure minimum disruption of departmental work schedules.
- Coordinates repairs to computer equipment performed under warranty or service contracts.
- Makes recommendations to Director concerning the repair or replacement of computer equipment, the cost effectiveness of maintenance contracts, and type of service needed.
- Remains on-call on an occasional basis to provide user support.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Work is performed in a smoking restricted office environment. Duties are performed in various County offices.
Completion of high school with advanced college level or vocational school training in electronics, computer hardware technology, or related field; considerable experience with the design, maintenance, and installation of computers and peripheral hardware, communications equipment, or related systems; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Must possess or be able to immediately obtain a valid Arkansas Driver’s License.
Employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal background check.
Please Note: Applications will not be accepted after the Close Date. A selection will not be made until the Close Date and the selecting official has received all applications.
10 August 2018 243-18