POSITION: SITE COORDINATOR (Part-Time)
This position is open to Pulaski County employees and the General Public.
HOURLY RATE: $10.00 per hour (up to 29 hours per week)
DEPARTMENT: YOUTH SERVICES (4083) Little Scholars
THE POSITIONS AVAILABILITY CONTINGENT UPON GRANT FUNDING.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY/FUNCTION: Responsible for the after school programming for youth ages 6 through 18 years.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides youth with support and guidance through life skills programs.
- Provides educational programs focused on improving youth’s overall academic achievement.
- Assists youth with homework and enhances academic performance.
- Maintains filing system on all youth and accurate records of timesheets for payroll.
- Provides information to Program Director for monthly programming.
- Oversees all program activities and provide snacks and mini meals for youth.
- Provides a clean and safe program environment.
- Serve as a mentor by providing a positive and professional example.
- Provides transportation of youth to activities as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Digital dexterity necessary for keyboard operation.
- Visual acuity necessary for use of the computer screen.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Work is performed primarily in a smoking-restricted environment with frequent visits to outside agencies and departmental activities and functions. Weekend and evening work may be required.
- Completion of college level coursework in Education, Communication, or a related field;
- Considerable experience working with youth; OR
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Must possess or be able to immediately obtain a valid Arkansas Driver’s license.
- Employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of the following pre-employment requirements: criminal background check, sexual offender check, child maltreatment check and adult maltreatment check by appropriate licensed agencies.
OPEN DATE: 08-08-2018 CLOSE DATE: 08-14-2018 (5:00 p.m.)
Please Note: Applications will not be accepted after the Close Date. A selection will not be made until the Close Date and all applications have been received by the selecting official.