STARTING SALARY: $25,430 - $28,442
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY / FUNCTION: Responsible for the receipt and processing of all case filings and subsequent pleadings filed in Pulaski County Courts and assigning case numbers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives civil, criminal, domestic relations, and probate cases filed within the divisions of Circuit Court; ensures all necessary documentation and proper fees are submitted.
- Receives, processes, and issues civil complaints, criminal filings, replevins, summons, judgments, garnishments, writs of execution, writs of assistance, writs of possession, writs of Scaire Facias, notices, warning orders, civil and criminal subpoenas.
- Ensures that new cases received meet all requirements and are file stamped and entered into the computer to assign a case number and division of circuit court.
- Receives filing fees, inputs payment information into computer designating case number and amount paid, and issues receipts.
- Balances cash and receipt reports daily; submits cash to Accounting Division of Circuit County Clerk’s Office.
- Assists individuals in completion of the Domestic Abuse Petition; ensures all information is provided; assigns case number and establishes case file.
- File marks Child Support pleadings.
- Assists customers as needed at counter, via telephone, and via email with filing a case and answering questions as they relate to case filing procedures.
- Establishes a case and assigns a case number for writs of habeas when requested; presents to judge and processes accordingly.
- Completes witness certifications as needed for any witness subpoenaed to testify in a case.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Work is performed in a smoking restricted office environment.
Completion of high school or equivalent with advanced training in word processing, data entry, bookkeeping courses or related fields; some work experience with clerical record keeping in a legal, court, or related area; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Must be bonded or be able to immediately become bonded.
Must satisfactorily pass a background examination.
OPEN DATE: 06-08-2018 CLOSE DATE: 06-14-2018 (5:00 p.m.)
Please Note: Applications will not be accepted after the Close Date. A selection will not be made until the Close Date and the selecting official has received all applications.
08 June 2018 175-18