POSITION: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
This position is open to County Employees and the General Public.
POSITION #: 029
STARTING SALARY: $33,330 - $37,278
DEPARTMENT: CIRCUIT/ COUNTY CLERK (200)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY / FUNCTION: To receive and assist members of the public and county employees in person and by telephone; create, process, and maintain human resources records; create, process, and maintain accounts payable records; create, process, and maintain purchasing records; and participate in jury selection, training, and compensation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receives and assists members of the public and county employees in person and by
- Creates, processes, and maintains human resources records; gains approval of human resources records from Chief Deputy or Chief Administrator, then transmits records to Pulaski County Human Resources Department.
- Creates, processes, and maintains accounts payable records; gains approval of accounting payable records from Chief Deputy or Chief Administrator, then transmits records to Pulaski County Accounting Department.
- Creates, processes, and maintains purchasing records; gains approval of purchasing records from Chief Deputy or Chief Administrator, then transmits records to Pulaski County Purchasing Department.
- Participates in jury selection, training, and compensation; working closely with judges and Circuit Court staffs.
- Provides secretarial services at various meetings, including office briefings, Board of Equalization, Public Facilities Board, and Intergovernmental Cooperation Council; working closely with board and council members.
- Transcribes minutes from various taped meetings including Board of Equalization, Public Facilities Board, and Intergovernmental Cooperation Council.
- During major elections, may provide telephone support to poll workers.
- Provides high-level assistance and support to the Chief Deputy, Chief Administrator, and
- Monitors and replenishes department-wide store of office supplies.
- Processes incoming mail for distribution to Circuit County Clerk divisions.
- Monitors postage machine balances; processes outgoing mail using postage machine.
- Monitors balances and statuses of bulk mail and other postal permits.
- Performs other duties as required.
NUMBER OF PERSONNEL SUPERVISED: 0
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Office procedures, practices, equipment, and terminology.
- Functions and the responsibilities of the Circuit/County Clerk’s Office and the required interactions with other government agencies.
- Filing and record keeping systems.
- Human resources concepts and procedures.
- Accounts payable and purchasing concepts and procedures.
- Jury administration concepts and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with outside agencies, other County employees, and the general public.
- Establish and maintain detailed record keeping systems.
- Maintain discretion regarding privileged information.
- Compose detailed narratives including instructional guides, correspondences, policies, procedures, and reports.
- Skill in the operation of a PC and use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Work is performed primarily in a smoking-restricted office environment, but will require some duties outside the office.
Completion of Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration/Political Science, Business Management, or a related field; considerable work experience in administrative/clerical, public administration, business management, or a related area; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check.
OPEN DATE: 06-08-2018 CLOSE DATE: 06-14-2018 (5:00 p.m.)
Please Note: Applications will not be accepted after the Close Date. A selection will not be made until the Close Date and all applications have been received by the selecting official.
08 June 2018 170-18