POSITION: TENTH DIVISION BAILIFF
This position is open to County Employees and the General Public.
POSITION NO: 008
STARTING SALARY: $50,185
DEPARTMENT: TENTH DIVISION CIRCUIT COURT (1095)
This position is designated as a safety sensitive position pursuant to Arkansas Act 593.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTION: To maintain safety, security, and order in the courtroom, assist with security in other areas of the court building when needed, and facilitate the administration of justice via the judge’s orders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Escort circuit judge to and from court building.
- Announce opening of court, call witnesses for testimony, and announce the close of court.
- Ensure that certain forms are given to appropriate persons before hearings; ensure those forms are completed before and/or during hearings as circumstances dictate. Examples of forms: Affidavits of Indigency, Parent/Guardian/Custodian Information Sheets, Affidavits of Financial Means, etc.
- Give parties copies of Orders to Appear after court proceedings.
- Escort parties, witnesses, etc. to and from lobby area etc. to courtroom for hearings.
- Escort detainees between holding cells and courtroom; supervise detainees while they are in the courtroom.
- Assist 8th and 11th Division Bailiffs with supervision of the security at the entrance of the court building.
- Attend security meetings and report pertinent information to the circuit judge.
- Perform any and all other duties assigned by the circuit judge.
Completion of high school or GED equivalency
- Certified Law Enforcement Officer
- Law Enforcement Training
OPEN DATE: 05-17-2018 CLOSE DATE: 05-31-2018 (5:00 p.m.)
The Human Resources Office will be closed on Monday, May 28, 2018 in observance of the Memorial Day holiday.
Please Note: Applications will not be accepted after the Close Date. A selection will not be made until the Close Date and all applications have been received by the selecting official.
17 May 2018 147-18