POSITION: GIS TECHNICIAN
This position is open to the County Employees and General Public.
POSITION NO: 036
STARTING SALARY: $29,380 - $32,859
DEPARTMENT: ASSESSOR (700)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY/FUNCTION: Responsible for the utilization of Geographic Information Systems software to input and reproduce computerized maps, graphics, representations, and data analysis.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Creates property ownership parcel maps by computer using data such as deeds, surveys, subdivisions, aerial photography, topographic maps, and computer printouts of land parcels and legal descriptions.
- Utilizes information and compiles plats files from various outside agencies.
- Links the computer mapping system to the CAMA/CCW database system for the creation of a topologically correct GIS map.
- Edits maps by ensuring alignment to control points, checking text for size, style, placement, and accuracy and refining boundary lines.
- Utilizes GIS software to separate digitized maps into layers of information such as base layer, streets, hydrology, street centerlines, building outlines, parcels aerial photography, etc.
- Produces large composite maps by merging single maps; prints maps for County use and for sale to the general public.
- Updates maps in computer system as changes occur and using various technical editing processes available in cartographic and GIS software.
- Checks for data entry errors, produces an error report and forwards report to the Real Estate Department for corrections.
- Creates map composition files using GIS software.
- Creates Query Analysis reports for routine Assessor Office business and any special reports requested by outside sources.
- Updates CAMA and GIS map data for downloading to active websites.
- Uses technical software needed to create acreage reports for the Assessor’s staff.
- Reproduces maps on map plotters, LaserJet printers, laser scanners, and copier machines.
- Maintains hardware equipment and reports malfunctions as necessary; installs software and software updates.
- Performs other related duties as required.
ACCEPTABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Completion of high school or GED equivalency with advanced training in computerized graphics, drafting, mapping, or a related field; considerable mapping or drafting experience; or in any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
OPEN DATE: 05/11/2018 CLOSE DATE: 05/25/2018 (5:00 p.m.)
Please Note: Applications will not be accepted after the Close Date. A selection will not be made until the Close Date and all applications have been received by the selecting official.
11 May 2018 139-18