POSITION: Assessment Specialist I
This position is open to the General Public and County Employees.
POSITION NO: 051
STARTING SALARY: $25,430 - $28,442
DEPARTMENT: ASSESSOR (700)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY/FUNCTION: To assist with the taxpayers with the assessment of personal property and provide related tax assessment information at substations or within the main Assessor’s Office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Obtains correct and complete assignment information in person or by telephone for personal property belonging to individual taxpayers; enters data into computer system.
· Prints assessment verification; mails to taxpayers when needed.
· Answers taxpayer questions concerning assessment deadlines and procedures.
· Enters partial business assessments per taxpayer request for licensing vehicles.
· Identifies values for property not listed in database as defined by State guidelines.
· Enters business personal property assessment renditions into the computer systems.
· Conducts research within microfilmed records, maps, computer database, etc., to obtain ownership information, real estate records, and land boundaries for mortgage companies, law offices, government offices, and the general public.
· Makes copies of assessments, legal descriptions, and maps as requested by public.
· Completes name and address change forms to distribute to appropriate divisions within department.
· Completes request for hearing form to schedule informal and formal appeals of value for customers requesting an assessment appeal; enters the information in the Computer Assisted Mass Appraisal (CAMA) scheduler.
· Receives information from field collection; reviews to ensure accuracy and inclusion of necessary data.
· Enters data from all field collections into the CAMA system.
· Drafts residential and commercial improvements into the CAMA system using computer aided drafting with APEX format.
· Performs other related duties as required.
NUMBER OF PERSONNEL SUPERVISED: 0
Work performed in a smoking restricted office environment. Position requires performance of duties within the Assessor’s main office and at various substations within the County or within the main Assessor’s Office.
Completion of high school or GED equivalency; some experience with property assessment, maintenance of real estate records, or related duties; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
Must possess or be able to immediately obtain a valid Arkansas Driver’s License.
OPEN DATE: 05-11-2018 CLOSE DATE: 05-17-2018 (5:00 p.m.)
Please Note: Applications will not be accepted after the Close Date. A selection will not be made until the Close Date and all applications have been received by the selecting official.
11 May 2018 138-18