POSITION: PROGRAM DIRECTOR
The following positions are open to Pulaski County Employees and the General Public.
POSITION NO: 001
DEPARTMENT: YOUTH SERVICES (4082)
THE POSITIONS AVAILABILITY CONTINGENT UPON GRANT FUNDING
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY / FUNCTION: Responsible for implementing the after school programming for youth ages 6-17 years.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversees program activities; supervise and assist Site Coordinators at program site.
- Provide youth with support and guidance through life skills programs.
- Provide educational programs focused on improving youth’s overall academic achievement.
- Assist youth with homework and enhance academic performance.
- Maintain accurate records of timesheets for site coordinators.
- Review youth’s files to ensure that all appropriate documents are on file.
- Submit monthly reports (narrative of monthly activities of youth programs, daily activities, and enrollment and termination forms) to Program Development Manager.
- Assist as needed in providing snacks and mini meals for youth.
- Ensure site is maintained in a condition that is safe, clean, and conducive to learning.
- Serve as a mentor by providing a positive and professional example.
- Provide transportation of youth to activities as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Digital dexterity necessary for keyboard operation. Visual acuity necessary for use of the computer screen. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds. Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner. Ability to concentrate for long periods of time.
Work is performed primarily in a smoking restricted environment with frequent visits to outside agencies and at departmental activities and functions. Weekend and evening work may be required.
Completion of a bachelor’s degree in Education, Communication, or a related field; considerable experience working with youth; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Must possess or be able to immediately obtain a valid Arkansas Driver’s License.
Employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of the following pre-employment requirements: criminal background check, sexual offender check, child maltreatment check, and an adult maltreatment check.
OPEN DATE: 02-08-2018 CLOSE DATE 02-14-2018(5:00 p.m.)
Please Note: Applications will not be accepted after the Close Date. A selection will not be made until the Close Date and all applications have been received by the selecting official.
08 February 2018 044-18