POSITION: Assessment Specialist II
This position is open to the General Public and County Employees.
POSITION NO: 054
STARTING SALARY: $26,747
DEPARTMENT: ASSESSOR (700)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY/FUNCTION: Responsible for assisting taxpayers with the assessment of personal property, business personal property, or real estate; providing the general public with information regarding assessment records using maps, computer records, deeds, and microfilm; and inputting data into the computer system.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Obtains correct and complete assignment information in person or by telephone for personal property belonging to individual taxpayers; enters data into computer system.
- Prints assessment verification; mails to taxpayers when needed.
- Answers taxpayer questions concerning assessment deadlines and procedures.
- Verifies within computer system the payment of taxes and answers questions concerning payment of personal property taxes and licensing of vehicles.
- Identifies values for property not listed in database as defined by State guidelines.
- Inputs modified assessments for divorce and debits and credits for any changes made to assigned property values.
- Conducts research within microfilmed records, maps, computer database, etc., to obtain ownership information, real estate records, and land boundaries for mortgage companies, law offices, government offices, and the general public.
- Makes copies of assessments, legal descriptions, and maps as requested by public.
- Completes name and address change forms to distribute to appropriate divisions within department.
- Schedules appointments with the Board of Equalization (BOE) for customers requesting an assessment appeal; explains process involved with BOE hearings and materials needed for hearings.
- Answers general information questions concerning the BOE or the reappraisal as back up for the appraisal staff.
- Files assessment sheets.
- Produces computer generated reports of vehicles licensed, but not assessed to submit to the State.
- Provides guidance to Customer Service Specialist I’s as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Work performed in a smoking restricted office environment. Position requires performance of duties within the Assessor’s main office and at various substations within the County or within the main Assessor’s Office.
Completion of high school or GED equivalency; considerable experience with property assessment, maintenance of real estate records, or related duties; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
Must possess or be able to immediately obtain a valid Arkansas Driver’s License.
Completion of ACD Courses 1-5 and IAAO Courses I and II within one year of employment.
OPEN DATE: 01-11-2018 CLOSE DATE: 01-18-2018 (5:00 p.m.)
The Human Resources Office will be closed on Monday, January 15, 2018 in observance of the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.
Please Note: Applications will not be accepted after the Close Date. A selection will not be made until the Close Date and all applications have been received by the selecting official.
11 January 2018 012-18