POSITION: PROBATION OFFICER
POSITION NO: 009
This position is open to County employees and the General Public.
ANNUAL SALARY: $47,169
DEPARTMENT: TENTH [10TH] DIVISION CIRCUIT COURT (1095)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY/FUNCTION: The Probation Officer is responsible for the supervision and monitoring of juvenile placed on probation by the Court, ensuring all requirements and conditions of probation are met.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervises juveniles placed on probation and/or their condition of release.
- Writes and maintains a completed history of each case before disposition and during the conditions of any
- Probation or other dispositions.
- Furnishes to each Juvenile on probation (and to his/her Parent, Guardian, Custodian), a written statement
- of terms and condition of probation; reports to the Court any violation of those terms and conditions..
- Prepares Court reports and predisposition reports; makes recommendations for dispositions.
- Attends Court Hearings and testifies as needed.
- Conducts drug screens on Juveniles and/or Parents, Guardians, Custodians.
- Makes appropriate referrals for Juveniles and/or families for assessments, evaluations, and services as
- Indicated or ordered.
- Obtains and/or maintains Continuing Education requirements and training
Performs other related duties as required.
- Duties are performed within a smoking restricted office environment
ACCEPTABLE TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Sociology, Sociology, Psychology, or a related field;
- Some experience in criminal justice, or a related area; OR any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
OPEN DATE: 01-03-2018 CLOSE DATE: 01-17-2018 (5:00p.m.)
The Human Resources Office will be closed on Monday – January 15, 2018 in observance of the Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday Holiday.
Please Note: Applications will not be accepted after the Close Date. A selection will not be made until the Close Date and all
applications have been received by the selecting official.
03 January 2018 009-18