POSITION: Accounts Payable Technician
This position is open to County Employees and the General Public.
POSITION NO: 006
STARTING SALARY: $29,995 - $33,741
DEPARTMENT: COMPTROLLER (4100)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY/FUNCTION: Responsible for auditing all Pulaski County accounts payable vouchers for accuracy, recording vouchers and vendor numbers, and processing vouchers for payment on a timely basis.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reviews all County accounts payable vouchers for accuracy including authorized signature, vendor name and address, account codes, amounts, supporting documents, and correct tax computation; assigns voucher and vendor numbers to each voucher; and enters data into computer.
- Processes monthly vendor statements with invoices submitted by departments.
- Processes all invoices and prepares vouchers including utilities, telephones, procurement card purchases, internet access accounts, air travel, and special contracts ensuring accurate billing for each department.
- Assists in reviewing balances on 1099 forms annually; and mailing of 1099 forms to vendors in a timely manner.
- Sorts and distributes monthly Statement of Operation, Cash disbursement Register, voucher Register, Outstanding Purchase Order, budget transfers, and voucher change reports for all County department from computer records.
- Ensures items that are taxable have been charged the correct tax rate for in-state and out-of-state Vendor; paid to the Department of Finance and Administration.
- Separates vouchers by batch and balances each batch with Treasurer’s Office; transfers accounts payable vouchers to Treasurer’s Office for payment on a daily basis.
- Answers questions of other County Departments regarding accounts payable vouchers.
- Provides information concerning sales tax laws and regulations to public and other departments.
- Performs other related duties as required.
NUMBER OF PERSONNEL SUPERVISED: 0
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Good knowledge of accounting practices and principles.
Considerable knowledge of County and State Laws, regulations, and policies regarding County funds, accounting procedures, and tax payments.
Ability to make mathematical calculations quickly and accurately.
Ability to establish and maintain a detail recordkeeping system.
Skill in the operation of a calculator.
Skill in the operation of a computer.
Work is performed in a smoking restricted indoor environment.
Completion of high school or equivalent including course work in business, accounting, or bookkeeping; considerable experience with maintenance of accounting records, bookkeeping, or a related area; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Satisfactory completion of a criminal background examination.
OPEN DATE: 12-06-2017 CLOSE DATE: 12-12-2017 (5:00 p.m.)
Please Note: Applications will not be accepted after the Close Date. A selection will not be made until the Close Date and the selecting official has received all applications.
06 December 2017 327-17