POSITION: TRANSCRIPT CLERK – PART-TIME
This position is open to County Employees and the General Public
HOURLY RATE: $8.00 - $10.00 (up to 29 hours per week)
DEPARTMENT: SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT - ENFORCEMENT (500)
FLEXIBLE WORK SCHEDULE
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY/FUNCTION: To transcribe interview tapes for the Investigations Division within the Sheriff’s Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Transcribes recordings of witness/victim/suspect interviews to verbatim written format using Dictaphone type equipment and desktop computer.
- Answers telephone calls and routes calls to appropriate staff.
- Perform other related duties as required.
ACCEPTABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduation or GED equivalency;
- Some work experience or training in the use of computers and/or dictation equipment;
- Or any equivalent of combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Typing speed and accuracy is essential.
- Employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal background check.
OPEN DATE: 11-13-2017 CLOSE DATE: 11-17-2017(5:00 p.m.)
13 November 2017 311-17