This position is open to County Employees and the General Public.
STARTING SALARY: $26,964 - $30,332 (2017)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY/FUNCTION: Responsible for verification of scanned court documents and maintenance and filing of hard documents both temporary and permanent records for the Clerk’s office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Verifies all case records are scanned, legible, and security coded accurately by visually comparing the physical document to the online image.
- Receives requests via email and instant messenger from Court Clerks for files for court dockets; checks files in and out through computer software; delivers files as needed.
- Re-shelves files as they are returned.
- Files all court records after they are scanned into computer and verified.
- Researches case records to conduct background checks or obtain case documents as requested by FBI, other law enforcement agencies, prosecuting attorney offices, Arkansas Department of Correction, etc.; prints copy of requested document and forwards within required time frame.
- Assists and gives instruction to the public on navigating Pulaski County website, Contexte System, microfiche, microfilm, copier, and organization of files in order to search court records.
- Answers telephones and assists public with general information; forwards calls to appropriate staff members when necessary.
- Inputs documentation of all files checked out of office into computer records.
- Pulls files for public; makes copies of the file documents as requested.
- Calculates and collects monies owed for copies made and receipts customers as needed.
- Generates and sends reports and notices to local newspaper daily regarding the previous days’ filed and granted divorces and other cases as needed in Pulaski County.
- Prints cards and labels for the new case files to be placed on the outside of the case jacket and on the docket sheets.
- Print court summons from court data base; verify that name, address, and fine is correct.
- Maintains records within storage facility including case files, deeds, mortgages, and court dockets ensuring records are efficiently stored and easily accessible.
- Pulls and delivers documents and files from storage facility to upon request of other departments, attorneys, abstract companies, or the general public.
- Retrieves and prepares civil case files and other documents to be destroyed when provided for by Arkansas Law; verifies files to be destroyed to ensure quality and completeness.
- Fields questions and requests via telephones, emails, and faxes with regards to files and items located in the storage facility from other departments, abstract companies, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Digital dexterity necessary for computer keyboard and equipment operation.
- Visual acuity necessary for use of a computer screen and image verification.
- Ability to communicate orally by telephone and in person.
- Ability to frequently walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or bend for periods of time to pull files on upper and lower shelves.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull loads up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to stand on concrete for long periods of time.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in a smoking restricted office environment.
Completion of high school or GED equivalency; some general clerical experience including data entry experience, record keeping, or a related area; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
Satisfactory completion of a criminal background investigation.
OPEN DATE: 08-10-2017 CLOSE DATE: 08-16-2017 (5:00 p.m.)
Please Note: Applications will not be accepted after the Close Date. A selection will not be made until the Close Date and the selecting official has received all applications.
10 August 2017 229-17