POSITION: COLLECTION / BILLLING CLERK
This position is open to County Employees and the General Public
POSITION NO: 20
STARTING SALARY: $29,121 - $32,758
DEPARTMENT: SANITATION (3800)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY/FUNCTION: Responsible for processing work orders for Sanitation, logging Animal Services calls, maintenance and billing of Sanitation accounts, maintenance of delinquent fee records, and collection of delinquent fees.
- Answers telephone calls on a multi-line telephone; provides general information concerning services provided by the Sanitation and Animal Services Department.
- Relays messages to Solid Waste and Animal Services personnel.
- Greets visitors and directs visitors to appropriate department personnel.
- Operates a computer with databases for Sanitation and Animal Services.
- Enters service requests into networked computer system; selects appropriate form from in-house database for service complaints, cart requests, and scheduling of bulky item and limb pickups.
- Emails and prints work orders as needed.
- Follows up with customers to ensure complaints have been addressed and pickups completed.
- Maintains files, reports, memos, and other correspondence concerning solid waste collections.
- Inputs payments into billing software and process deposits from collected sanitation fees.
- Updates the Work Order Management (WOM) system to update customer information as necessary; inputs notes in customers’ accounts recording activity.
- Utilizes reports from water companies to update customer and billing information.
- Assists in mailing letters to notify residents of delinquent status of account.
- Contacts residents by telephone to make effort for collection of delinquent collection fees.
- Establishes files for delinquent accounts.
- Compiles reports of delinquent amounts collected.
- Receives payment in person and issues receipts for fees; logs in payments listing name, account number, and payment amount.
- Receives domestic animal complaints by telephone; logs complaint into computer database; and dispatches appropriate Animal Control Officer when requested based on location of complaint.
- Compiles weekly and monthly reports reflecting department activity as requested.
- Establishes new sanitation customer accounts in the computer system; forwards account information and guidelines to new customers.
- Verifies bank deposits.
- Maintains landlord files current in the Work Order Management system and in the billing and collection database.
- Inputs ticket numbers into database from solid waste contractor acknowledging work orders.
- Receives printout of delinquent accounts from billing agencies.
- Provides assistance with special projects such as large mail-outs and certified mail.
- Calculates sanitation bills by using monthly fee schedule to produce a bill manually when needed.
- Prepares memos for refunds to Sanitation accounts; obtains Director’s signature; forwards to supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Digital dexterity necessary for keyboard operation.
- Visual acuity needed for use of computer screen.
- Ability to orally communicate effectively, in person and by telephone.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in a smoking restricted office environment. Duties occasionally involve dealing with aggressive individuals or unpleasant situations. Occasional trips to various locations within Pulaski County are required.
Completion of high school or GED equivalency; considerable work experience with billing, bookkeeping, collection, or financial record keeping; some experience with computer operations; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities.
PREFERENCE: Bilingual language skills.
OPEN DATE: 05-19-2017 CLOSE DATE: 05-25-2017 (5:00 p.m.)
Please Note: Applications will not be accepted after the Close Date. A selection will not be made until the Close Date and all applications have been received by the selecting official.
19 May 2017 143-17