POSITION: SPECIAL PROJECTS MANAGER
This position is open to the Public and to County Employees.
POSITION NO: 132
STARTING SALARY: $36,388 - $40,930
DEPARTMENT: ROAD AND BRIDGE (4400)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY/FUNCTION: Responsible for the preparation and dissemination of information regarding Road and Bridge services and programs to the public and implementation of communication strategies through the use of social media.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Conducts public awareness presentations to increase public awareness and interest in Road and Bridge programs, events, and activities.
- Maintains social media presence with regular updates on Twitter, Facebook, and other social media sites to communicate Road and Bridge and Pulaski County activities.
- Takes photographs of Road and Bridge activities to post on social media sites; provides support for County projects to obtain information to enhance communication concerning County services and projects.
- Develops and coordinates departmental events such as Winter Market and Litter Fighter for Road and Bridge and other Public Works Departments.
- Develops strategies to inform the community of Road and Bridge services and projects including publications, brochures, press releases, etc.
- Researches and recommends new growth for social media communications to effectively reach news media, external audiences, and other key constituencies in the promotion of Pulaski County services.
- Develops social media content and campaigns to enhance the public response to Pulaski County social media outreach.
- Manages the website communication concerning Pulaski County news and events; ensures timely and accurate provision of information.
- Coordinates web projects across Pulaski County departments.
- Incorporates new uses of social media into Pulaski County/departmental communications and community outreach.
- Captures and analyzes data measuring public use of social media; recommends new strategies for communication techniques.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Ability to travel around a Road and Bridge work site to obtain photographs.
- Digital dexterity necessary for keyboard and photography equipment operation.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing to individuals and to groups.
Duties are primarily performed within a smoking restricted office environment. Occasional trips to departmental work sites and attendance at meetings and functions at outside agencies within the County will be required.
Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Business Administration, or a related field; considerable work experience with project management, public relations, communications, or a related area; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities.
OPEN DATE: 05-18-2017 CLOSE DATE: 05-24-2017 (5:00 p.m.)
Please Note: Applications will not be accepted after the Close Date. A selection will not be made until the Close Date and the selecting official has received all applications.
24 May 2017 137-17