This position is open to County Employees & the General Public
POSITION NO: 18
STARTING SALARY: $33,691 - $37,897
DEPARTMENT: SHERIFF/DETENTION (2400)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY/FUNCTION: Responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of the plumbing system within the Pulaski County Detention Facility.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Receives work requests listing repairs and installations needed; determines required materials and supplies.
- Installs and repairs new and existing plumbing systems including valves, drains, basins, toilet, fixtures and sinks.
- Cuts and threads pipes and uses variety of standard plumbing tools and equipment.
- Reviews plumbing system plans and specifications to ensure efficiency of system maintenance and availability of parts.
- Maintains inventory of needed plumbing supplies; requisitions as necessary.
- Performs preventative maintenance and testing on plumbing systems, equipment and fixtures as needed; completes requisitions to order parts as needed.
- Documents equipment inspections and repairs as required by supervisor.
- Repairs and maintains boiler system by replacing leaks in pipes and replacing and/or repairing controls; monitors fluid levels in boilers.
- Perform other related duties as required.
ACCEPTABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of vocational technical school training in the plumbing trade;
- Considerable experience in the plumbing area; OR
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Must possess at least a valid Arkansas Restricted Governmental Maintenance Plumber license.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Arkansas Boiler's license.
- Employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background investigation and pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
OPEN DATE: 05-18-2017 CLOSE DATE: 05-24-2017 (5:00 P.M.)
Please Note: Applications will not be accepted after the Close Date. A selection will not be made until the Close
Date and all applications have been received by the selecting official.
18 May 2017 132-17