POSITION: BENEFITS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
This position is open to County Employees and the general public
POSITION NO: 04
STARTING SALARY: $33,691 - $37,897
DEPARTMENT: HUMAN RESOURCES (4800)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTION: To provide assistance in the administration of the Employee Benefits program and orientation of personnel employed within Pulaski County Government.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Distributes to employees and insures the accuracy and completeness of enrollment and change forms for benefit programs provided to current and former employees.
Inputs the appropriate recordkeeping for ACA reporting; prepares 1095’s for distribution to employees and electronic IRS reports.
- Reviews health billing lists making appropriate deletions and additions; forwards to payroll.
- Insures the completion by department of all appropriate Workers Compensation forms; forwards forms and medical bills to Workers’ Compensation Carrier.
- Presents explanation of benefits as part of new employee orientation program.
- Monitors services provided by benefit providers and investigates complaints regarding payments; acts as liaison between providers and employees to ensure proper and timely payments of benefits.
- Answers questions and provides assistance to employees regarding benefit programs including enrollment, eligibility, and claims processing.
- Receives requests for FMLA from employees; determines eligibility, and ensures all documentation is provided.
- Verifies employees’ eligibility for benefits.
- Maintains ledger of leave without pay, FMLA, and Workers’ Compensation Leave; ensures compliance with applicable laws and policies; notifies department and/or employee of pending end of leave and needed benefit paperwork.
- Completes certification of length of coverage in group health plan for terminating employees and mails to employees.
- Notifies employees upon termination of ending date of benefit coverage and any conversion procedures.
- Notifies retiring employees when eligible for continuation of health insurance; bills those electing to continue on a monthly basis.
- Prepares reports regarding benefit usage as required by Department or by benefit providers.
- Schedules group benefit enrollments for Pulaski County employees at various job sites.
- Ensures accuracy of monthly COBRA billing from insurance carrier.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Completion of college level coursework in Compensation, Benefits Administration, Industrial Psychology, Human Resources Management, or a related area; considerable experience in Benefits Administration, Claims Processing, or a related area; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Must possess a valid Arkansas Drivers License.
Must successfully pass a background examination.
OPEN DATE: 02-17-2017 CLOSE DATE: 02-24-2017 (5:00 p.m.)
The Human Resource office will be closed on Monday, February 20, 2017 in observance of President’s Day.
Please Note: Applications will not be accepted after the Close Date. A selection will not be made until the Close Date and all applications have been received by the selecting official.
17 February 2017 048-17