POSITION: HUMAN RESOURCES TECHNICIAN
This position is open to County Employees and the general public.
POSITION NO: 07
STARTING SALARY: $29,121 - $32,758
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY/FUNCTION: Responsible for providing clerical support to the Human Resources Department by distribution of job applications as requested by the public, monitoring the Employment Portal on the County website, printing and reviewing applications submitted online, maintenance of application intake records, and answering telephone calls and directing callers to appropriate personnel.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Performs receptionist duties by greeting job applicants and other public visiting the Human Resources Department and/or the building.
- Issues applications and other required forms to potential job applicants.
- Accepts completed applications and completed forms from job applicants; ensures all needed information is included; enters information from the completed applications into the employment portal.
- Prepares application packets including job announcement, application, various related forms, and any other needed information.
- Receives on-line applications for Pulaski County positions via the County Employment Portal.
- Posts job announcements on bulletin board for all open positions; removes when position is closed.
- Maintains applications submitted according to position sought; contacts applications by mail or telephone to determine appropriate position when necessary.
- Prints application referral list from employment portal listing names of applicants, application number, date application submitted, position title, and recruitment dates; ensures all applications are included.
- Maintains referral sheets including applicant flow records; records name of selected applicant on this form when position is filled.
- Answers telephone and refers callers to appropriate personnel and/or records messages; directs callers/visitors to appropriate County office as needed.
- Checks Human Resources website daily; responds to inquiries regarding the application process; mails job application packets and other information.
- Prepares new hire packets including necessary new hire paperwork prior to new hire orientation.
- Conducts portion of new hire orientation discussing work policies, vacation, retirement, Federal/State withholdings, etc.
- Forwards all appropriate forms completed by new hires to the Payroll Office for processing.
- Files employment-related documentation into employee personnel files.
- Provides information to job applicants on current job postings from the vacancy announcements.
- Ensures the assignment of an application number to each application; maintains log of all applicants listing name, position sought, application number, and date of application as necessary.
- Intakes inter-departmental and US Mail and makes the appropriate distributions.
- Uses photocopier and other office equipment.
- Verifies scanned employment documents for accurate placement and record completeness.
- Assists with departmental functions as needed.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares photo ID badges for new employees.
- Maintains adequate supply of employment applications and other required forms to provide to job applicants as necessary.
- Files various forms as necessary and as requested by Human Resources Staff.
- Provides directions, telephone numbers, and/or other information of a general nature to callers or visitors relative to other County Departments.
- Completes reports compiling applicant intake information.
- Ensures application intake area is maintained in a neat and orderly manner.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Completion of college level coursework in Human Resources, Communication, Psychology, Speech, or a related field; some experience with maintenance of Human Resources records, provision of administrative support, maintenance of detailed records, customer service, or a related area; some experience with basic computer operations; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities.
The Human Resource office will be closed on Monday, February 20, 2017 in observance of President’s Day.
Please Note: Applications will not be accepted after the Close Date. A selection will not be made until the Close Date and the selecting official has received all applications.
17 February 2017 049-17