POSITION: BUILDING MAINTENANCE MECHANIC I
This position is open to County Employees and the General Public.
POSITION NO: 12
STARTING SALARY: $29,121 - $32,758
DEPARTMENT: GENERAL SERVICES (2300)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTION: Responsible for maintaining proper operation of air conditioning and heating equipment, performing necessary repairs and adjustments for efficient and safe use. Also repairs, adjusts and services plumbing, electrical units and engines as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspects building twice each day and assure proper operation of air conditioning and/or heating units and determine needed repairs of the building structure; replaces parts as needed.
- Makes repairs from work orders generated by supervisor, other departments and other maintenance personnel.
- Repairs and/or replaces light, light fixtures, parking lot lights, locks, doorknobs, door closures, etc.
- Assist in the inspection of the air conditioning and heating units; replaces parts or services as directed.
- Assists in the electrical wiring of outlets, moving electrical outlets, and re-wiring lighting systems.
- Assists in the repair and rebuilding of the key locks.
- Performing welding when necessary.
- Drills through concrete floors to repair sewer, gas and water lines; refills holes with concrete and re-tiles floors.
- Assists in the repair and installation of plumbing fixtures as directed.
- Repairs structural damage by repairing walls with sheetrock, etc.
- Constructs new wall additions, re-vent ducts for ventilation in new offices, etc.
- Maintains equipment in the break rooms.
- Responds to maintenance calls at outlying facilities and all health departments.
- Conducts preventive maintenance on equipment as time allows and assists supervisor with documentation for performance management budget.
- Assists in preparing and maintaining of garden plots including plumbing repairs throughout the year for rental by the public.
- Installs carpet and tile in County buildings as directed.
- Make repairs as needed to gasoline engines such as tractors, lawn mowers and weed eaters.
- Serves as courier picking up and delivering mail to Pulaski County Departments and other designated stops within Pulaski County.
- Ensures confidentiality and security of mail while in possession of it.
- Ensures mail is properly addressed when it is picked up.
- Sorts mail according to established route; may deviate from established route when directed.
- Operates a vehicle safely in heavy traffic including starts, stops, and parking; observes all traffic regulations.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to negotiate cramped spaces.
- Digital dexterity necessary for equipment operation and tool usage.
- Visual acuity needed for building inspection and equipment and tool usage.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally.
Duties are performed within assigned County facility. Performs work with or near moving or mechanical parts and electrical parts and wiring. Occasional travel to other County facilities is required.
Completion of high school or GED equivalency including vocational training in building construction, building maintenance or a related area; considerable experience in building maintenance area; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Must possess or be able to immediately obtain a valid Arkansas Driver’s License.
OPEN DATE: 02-17-2017 CLOSE DATE: 02-24-2017 (5:00 p.m.)
The Human Resources office will be closed on Monday, February 20, 2017 in observance of President’s Day.
Please Note: Applications will not be accepted after the Close Date. A selection will not be made until the Close Date and all applications have been received by the selecting official.
17 February 2017 035-17